For over 60 years, the Boys & Girls Club of Moncton has carried on a tradition of helping young people to discover, develop and achieve their full potential as adults, citizens and leaders, by engaging them in activities that challenge and enrich their minds, bodies and spirits and nurture their self-esteem.

Our safe, caring club environment and enriching programs have enabled thousands of young people from the Greater Moncton area to play, learn and develop valuable skills for life.

In 1957, Fraser Woodhouse, at that time Eastern Regional Director of Boys Clubs of Canada, came to Moncton regarding the possible formation of a Boys Club in this city. Previous to this, there was a Boys Club in the city, but on a small scale, and dealt mainly with boys who had been in difficulty.

After a survey, it was agreed that the North End of the city seemed an area that could profit by a Boys Club being established.

Mr. Woodhouse contacted several prominent citizens, which included Mr. Hall, Mr. Betts, as well as city Director of Recreation, Mr. J. A. Keefe and Judge W. Lane. Many letters were sent out soliciting assistance for the Club, and the Moncton Boys Club came into being on September 16, 1957. The first President elect was Mr. Pat Geary from Montreal. The club officially incorporated in 1959.

The first grant for operating expenses came from the city of Moncton. The United Veterans Council were invited to participate and help the new Boys Club, and help they did - - with monetary and Board of Director representation from the Air Force Veterans Club, #31 R.A.F. Club, C.N.R. War Veterans Club, Main Brace Veterans Club, and R.C.A.F. Association Wind. Great credit is due the Veterans Council who kept the Boys Club alive, especially when it had so many growing pains.

Many locations were used in the first few years, such as #10 Release Center, St. Henri School, and Beausejour School. Finally, the Kinsmen Club gave the Moncton Boys Club a building valued at $130,000. This was a colossal undertaking for a service club.

Since 1957, the Moncton Lions Club has always proven itself to be dedicated and devoted to the boys and girls in our community. Areas such as our summer camp expansion and renovations, the purchasing of many new club vans and the extensive support for our program and special activities have always been supported by the Moncton Lions Club. The Moncton Lions Club have been very instrumental in helping the Moncton Boys and Girls Club give today's youth that promising tomorrow.

On November 24, 1962 at 3:00 PM, the new building was officially opened, with a membership of 188 boys. The gymnasium of the new building was a gift from one of the founding members, Judge W. Lane, and there is a plaque over the entrance door which reads "Judge W. Lane Memorial Gymnasium". Also coinciding with the opening of the new building was the establishment of the Boy of the Year Award, given in memory of Dr C.H. Blakeney and presented to the Boys Club by the Honorable L.G. DesBrisay.

In 1966, the club program was extended to include girls as well as boys, and this is reflected in our present name, Moncton Boys and Girls Club Inc. We also recognize a Girl of the Year, sponsored by J. Harold Wallace.

In 1972, The Kiwanis Club took on the task of developing the Outdoor Center at Livingston Lake, Albert Co. With an initial donation of $6,000, Livingston Lake has continued to develop and must be listed under our more successful ventures.

Also 1972, the Parkton Heights Day Care was formed through a government grant to cover a growing community need for pre-school services and is now under the jurisdiction of the Moncton Boys and Girls Club Inc. In 1991, the name was changed to Little Treasures Child Care Center.

In 1973, an extension club was started in the basement of Christ-Roi Church to cover the growing need for a Boys and Girls Club program in the area.

Periodically, the Moncton Boys and Girls Club Inc., has been operating Outreach programs in other areas of the city to cover growing needs, such as Birchmount and Humphrey areas.

In 1979, we officially became the "Moncton Boys and Girls Club - Club de Garçons et Filles de Moncton". Also in 1979, the Kinsmen Club of Moncton came forth, and built a Garage - Workshop Extension onto the main facility.

In 1982, an Energy Audit was conducted, and this led to the "Retrofit '82 program of renovations costing $128,000. A new roof was provided along with a major uplift designed to reduce operating costs for the facility.

In 1984-85, The Kiwanis Club sponsored the construction of a wash-house and program lodge at Livingston Lake.

In 1985, two group homes for adolescent youth were started up under the branch name of Moncton Youth Residences, Drummond and Sherrard Houses.

In 2006, the Boys & Girls Club of Moncton began a multi million dollar project to renovate and to expand the existing facilities built in 1961.

In 2008, the Boys & Girls Club of Moncton opened its brand new facilities to the children and youth in our community.